CTK CRUSADER CHATTER
(Use the link below for our special photo edition.)
Open House for new students went very well last week. Remember that we offer PK2 – 7th grade classes and have many extracurricular activities. If someone you know was unable to attend the Open House, please let them know that we will be glad to give private tours at their convenience.
This week is our Kindergarten Mardi Gras Parade and we are pleased to announce the King and Queen of this year’s parade. Congratulations to King Graham Sampey and Queen Lanie Guthrie.Mrs. Strahan presented this year’s Royalty with individual King Cakes.
Remember that students are allowed to wear the Fair t-shirts every Friday until the Fair, so get those orders in! Also, speaking of the Fair, attached to this Chatter is a flyer requesting your help with items needed for this year’s fair. Please help out – proceeds from the fair benefit all of us here at CTK.
Fair raffle tickets for the $2,000 cash prize will go home on Tuesday. There will be Lagniappe Pulls on the four Fridays before the Fair (check out the tickets for more info). Please sell those tickets!
Congratulations to our February Students of the Month! Attention: Please, please, please make sure that you have a carpool sign and that the last name is written in bold, black marker (as big as possible). If you need a new sign, just let us know and we will send one home. This makes carpool much quicker and easier for all of you.
The CTK Jr. Beta Club is collecting blankets (old or new) for ARNO. ARNO is a local animal rescue group who also provides low cost pet care to residents in the Greater New Orleans area. There will be collection boxes around the school or you can drop your blankets off in the library. Thank you for supporting CTK Jr. Beta Club.
Our annual Spring Book Fair is just around the corner! Book fairs are not successful
without volunteers, so please consider volunteering for a shift or two so that all students can have adequate access to the Book Fair. The following link will take you to our online sign-up where you can pick exactly what day and time works for you. Thanks for helping our students enjoy their reading adventures. The link is:
Good news! The student directory is active and can be accessed through Plus Portal.
ATTENTION: STUDENTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO WEAR MARDI GRAS ACCESSORIES ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2018. REMEMBER, THE ACCESSORIES MUST BE WORN WITH THEIR UNIFORMS (SKIRTS OR PANTS). THE FAIR T-SHIRT IS ALSO ALLOWED.
ACCESSORIES INCLUDE NAIL POLISH, HATS, GLOVES, SOCKS, ETC.
– Monday, February 5 – Tuesday, February 6, 2018 – Progress reports
– Tuesday, February 6, 2018 – Men’s Club meeting; 7:15 p.m. dinner, 7:30 p.m. meeting
– Wednesday, February 7, 2018 – CTK Sr. Girls Basketball vs Visitation Sr. Girls @ Visitation, 4:30 p.m.
– Wednesday, February 7, 2018 – Chick-Fil-A night for CTK from 4:00 – 8:00 p.m. Mention that you are from CTK and the school will get a percentage of the revenue.
– Friday, February 9, 2018 – 12:30 Dismissal; After Care until 5:00 p.m.
– Monday, February 12 – Friday, February 16, 2018 – MARDI GRAS HOLIDAYS
– Monday, February 19, 2018 – School resumes
– Monday, February 19 – Friday, February 23, 2018 – Mardi Gras Bead Drive
– Tuesday, February 20, 2018 – CTK Sr. Girls Basketball vs OLPS Sr. Girls @ Worley Gym,
– Tuesday, February 20, 2018 – Fair Committee Meeting; 6:00 p.m. in Parish Hall; All are welcome.
– Wednesday, February 21, 2018 – Class pictures